Kentucky Educational Collaborative for State Agency Children
KECSAC is a statewide collaborative that works with state agencies, school districts and local programs to ensure that state agency children receive a quality education comparable to all Kentucky students.
“State Agency Children” (SAC), are those children in the custody or supervision of the Commonwealth and who are being served in programs funded and/or operated by DJJ, DCBS, or DBHDID in the state of Kentucky.
Our Services Include:
- Distribute state agency children’s funds to school districts for local programs
- Provide program improvement support through annual visits
- Provide training and technical support to SAC and other educators and administrators
- Provide facilitation services and mediation support to districts and programs
-quarterly newsletter, The Collaborative
-annual census report
-annual program directory
-quarterly and annual progress reports
- Review and recommend revisions to KECSAC regulations and statutes